This Leviat Website Privacy Statement (the “Privacy Statement”) concerns the processing of all personal information by Leviat Group (also “Leviat”, “we”, “us”, “our”) through our www.leviat.com.
Leviat, a CRH Company, respects the privacy of users that visit its website. We only collect personal information that is necessary to display the website and the services we offer through our website. Additionally, we offer certain services on our website for which we need personal data. These services consist for example of our contact form, our Career Portal, or subscribing to our newsletter.
Through this Privacy Statement we inform you about processing your data through our website. If you have any concerns or questions, please do not hesitate to contact us through the contact details shared in section Q) below.
B) Amendments to this Privacy Statement
We may update this from time to time by publishing a new version on our website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you understand and acknowledge any changes to this Privacy Statement.
C) Collecting personal information
The following types of personal information may be collected, stored, and used:
- information about your computer including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, and operating system;
- information about your visits to and use of this website including the referral source, length of visit, page views, and website navigation paths;
- information, such as your email address, that you enter when you register with our website;
- information, such as your name and email address, that you enter in order to set up subscriptions to our emails and/or newsletters;
- information that you enter while using the services on our website, including our Careers Portal;
- information that is generated while using our website, including when, how often, and under what circumstances you use it;
- information contained in any communications that you send to us by email or through our website, including its communication content and metadata;
- any other personal information that you send to us.
Before you disclose to us the personal information of another person, you must obtain that person’s consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this Privacy Statement. In light of the importance of protecting children’s privacy, we do not collect, process or use on our website any information relating to an individual whom we know to be under 13 years old without the prior, verifiable consent of his or her legal representative. Such legal representative shall have the right, upon request, to view the information provided by the child and/or to require that it be deleted.
D) Using your personal information
Personal information submitted to us through our website will be used for the purposes specified in this Privacy Statement or on the relevant pages of the website. We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- administering our website and business;
- enabling your use of the services available on our website;
- sending you goods purchased through our website;
- supplying services purchased through our website;
- sending you non-marketing commercial communications;
- sending you email notifications that you have specifically requested;
- sending you our email newsletter, if you have requested it (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require the newsletter);
- sending you marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you, by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- dealing with inquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our website;
- keeping our website secure and prevent fraud;
- verifying compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of our website (including monitoring private messages sent through our website private messaging service).
We will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for their or any other third party’s direct marketing.
E) Disclosing personal information
Leviat is a global company that has affiliates, business partners, and technical systems that shall cross European borders. This means that your personal information may be transferred to countries other than the one where you are located, including also outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”). We use appropriate safeguards, such as the standard contractual clauses provided by the European Commission and/or other contractual arrangements for these transfers in order to protect your data.
We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers, or subcontractors as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement.
We may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to the buyer (or prospective buyer) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Except as provided in this Privacy Statement, we shall not provide your personal information to third parties.
F) International data transfers
Information that we collect may be stored, processed in, and transferred between any of the countries in which we operate in order to enable us to use the information in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
Information that we collect may be transferred intra-group to countries which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the EEA and the United Kingdom (“UK”). Those countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you provided the data. When we transfer your data to other countries, we will protect the data as described in this Privacy Statement and comply with applicable legal requirements providing adequate protection for the transfer of data to countries outside the EEA and outside the UK.
If you are located in the EEA or the UK, we will only transfer your personal data if:
– the country to which the personal data will be transferred has been granted a European Commission adequacy decision; or
– we have put in place appropriate safeguards in respect of the transfer, for example we have entered into EU standard contractual clauses and required additional safeguards with the recipient, or the recipient is a party to binding corporate rules approved by an EU or UK Privacy supervisory authority.
You may request more information about the safeguards that we have put in place in respect of transfers of personal data by contacting us as described in Section Q) below.
G) Retaining personal information
Personal information will be retained in observance of the principles of proportionality and necessity and, in any case, until the purposes of the processing have been achieved. The retention periods vary country by country depending on the local laws. We delete personal data when it is no longer necessary for the purposes it was collected for.
We shall retain documents (including electronic documents) containing personal information:
1. to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
2. if we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; and
3. in order to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
Personal information that we process for any purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes, and according to our data retention policies and procedure, which are designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations regarding the retention and deletion of personal information.
H) Data security
We maintain (and require our service providers) to maintain appropriate organizational and technical measures designed to protect the security and confidentiality of any personal information we process.
We store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers.
You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the Internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the Internet.
Where needed, you are responsible for keeping the password you use for accessing our website confidential; we shall not ask you for your password (except when you log in to our website)
I) Subscriptions (e-mail marketing)
Only those individuals who provide consent or signup to receive these updates will be added to our mailing list. Opting out of receiving these communications is a simple one-click process activated by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the foot of our emails. If you choose to unsubscribe, you are permanently removed from our mailing system.
J) Third-party websites
Our website may contain links to external websites. Social plugins such as the Facebook “Like” button are not used. The website protects your privacy by not directly integrating the external content into the website in these cases, but only by linking. Data can only be transmitted to the operator of the respective website when the link is activated. We are not responsible for the websites of other operators. In these cases, the data protection regulations of the other operator apply.
Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites. If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our website. You can delete cookies already stored on your computer. Deleting cookies will have a negative impact on the usability of websites.
Please visit our Cookie statement to learn more about the specific cookies we use.
L) Consent to receive our newsletter
If you register for our newsletter, we process the data you provide in the registration form exclusively for the purpose of sending and personalising the newsletter you have subscribed for. In addition, we process your IP address in order to be able to prove your consent. With our newsletter we inform you by email about new press releases and specific announcements. To send the newsletter we use a newsletter administration tool from a third party service provider. We have carefully chosen this service provider and have made data protection related agreements with them to retain the sovereignty over your data. At the bottom of each email newsletter you will find a hyperlink which you can use at any time to unsubscribe from the newsletter. You may also unsubscribe from receiving our newsletter at any time by contacting us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or at the below Section Q).
Leviat is not using profiling techniques, or any other way of automated decision making. There is a human intermediary in each processing activity even in the event that we use third party recruitment tools with certain automated features.
N) Processing of Job Applicants’ personal information
In connection with your application for work with us, we shall collect, store, and use the following categories of personal information about you:
|Name, identity and contact details
|Such as your name, address, email address, telephone number(s), picture, and other contact information
|Such as details of your employment background, including position, work experience, employment references, salary and other compensation requests
|Such as your educational background including degrees, certificates, transcripts, residence permits, credit history and/or criminal background screenings (where relevant to your application and permitted under applicable law)
|Such as salary, tax information, benefits, expenses, company allowances, stock and equity grants (if applicable)
|Any other information in your application that you choose to share with us
|Such as personal preferences, hobbies, information provided to us by your referees (these are reference points that you have given us to contact)
We shall collect the above personal information about job applicants from the following sources:
• You, as the candidate;
• Recruitment agencies;
• Background check providers;
• Credit reference agencies;
• Disclosure criminal convictions services;
• Your named referees;
• Third parties who provide publicly accessible information such as LinkedIn.com, Ineed.com, and Glassdoor.com.
We will use the personal information we collect about you to:
• Assess your skills, qualifications, and suitability for the work or role;
• Carry out background and reference checks, where applicable;
• Communicate with you about the recruitment process;
• Keep records related to our hiring processes;
• Comply with legal or regulatory requirements.
Generally, providing your personal data through this website is voluntary. However, the provision of personal data is necessary for the processing of your application or the conclusion of an employment contract with us.
Leviat will process your personal data for the achievement of specific purposes and only when there is an appropriate legal basis provided by the applicable data protection law. Leviat shall process your personal data only when one or more of the following legal bases apply:
|Recruitment, selection, evaluation, appointment of new employees, to the extent these activities do not prejudice or harm your rights and freedoms.
|Where employment law or other laws require the processing of your personal information (for example to the extent the law requires the monitoring equality of opportunity and diversity).
|Compliance with a legal obligations
|Complying with our policies and local legal requirements, managing alleged cases of misconduct, fraud, or computer crimes, conducting audits and defending litigation
|Archiving and record-keeping
|Responding to a question or complaints and seek to resolve them
Execution of pre-contractual measures adopted at the request of the data subject
|Developing and carrying out job-alerts and newsletters
|When we obtain information from your public profile on professional social networks, such as LinkedIn
Other legal grounds may apply, where applicable, such as in your vital interests (for example, health and safety reasons if you attend an interview at our site) and agreements with employee representations (such as Works Councils).
If you have any questions about or need further information, please contact us (see below Section Q).
O) Updating information
Please let us know if the personal information that we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
P) Your rights
At any given time, you can file a request to view your personal data, to correct this data or to destroy this data. Furthermore it is your right to request access to your personal information, to request limitation of data processing, to stop processing of data, and the right for data portability. To appeal any of your rights, please contact us through e-mail to email@example.com. In order to verify your identity, we may ask you to send a copy of your ID attached to your request to ensure us that we do not provide personal data to the wrong parties. We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
You have the right to file a complaint against Leviat regarding processing your personal information. You can file this complaint at your local data protection authority. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the data protection authority so please contact us in the first instance.
The Leviat Group is a global company comprised by the following legal entities, that act as Data Controllers:
|Company name and registration number
|Leviat Pty Ltd. ACN: 000496079
|Leviat GesmbH, FN233158f, Handelsgericht Wien
|PLAKABETON NV handelt als Leviat. BTW BE0402.642.545 RPR Brussel
|Leviat s.r.o. IČO: 65409931
|Leviat AB, Suomen sivuliike. FO-number: 1980702-3
|Plaka Group France SAS exerçant son activité sous le nom commercial Leviat, 305 817 983
|Leviat GmbH, AG Düsseldorf HRB 55272
|Leviat GmbH, AG Düsseldorf HRB 55272
|Leviat India Pvt. Ltd. CIN: U29248MH2010PTC335448 (formerly knowns as Halfen Moment India Pvt. Ltd.)
|Leviat Limited. Registration number: 210138
|Leviat s.r.l. Società Unipersonale. Numero Registro Imprese di Bergamo 00677110132
|Leviat Sdn. Bhd. Co. Reg. No: 200701008426 (766428-W) (formerly known as Halfen Moment Sdn. Bhd.)
|Leviat B.V. KvK number 06069052
|Leviat New Zealand Limited. Registration number: 3174466
|Leviat AS. Organisasjonsnummer: 985 465 088
|Leviat Philippines Inc. SEC Reg. No: CS201208233 (formerly known as Halfen-Moment Inc.)
|Leviat sp. z o.o. Sąd Rejonowy Poznań. KRS nr 0000145952
|Leviat Pte. Ltd. Co. Reg./ GST No: 199801693D
|Leviat Ibérica, S.L. NIF: B60954906
|Leviat AB. Organisationsnummer. 556175-8821
|Leviat AG, CHE-108.128.957
|Leviat FZE JAFZ License Numbers 2259, 189533
|Leviat Limited. Registration number: 210138
Leviat has an internal Data Privacy team for you to contact if you have any questions or concerns about the Leviat’s Privacy policies or practices.
If you would like to exercise your privacy rights, please direct your query to the Leviat’s Group Privacy Team:
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org – Att. Group Privacy Team
De Klencke 10-12
1083 HL Amsterdam
Tel.: 0031 020 304 5100
If you request a translated version of this Privacy Statement in your local language, please contact us.