Helifix ResiTie is a remedial wall tie used where a resin bonding is required at both tie ends. The tie is manufactured from from austenitic stainless steel Grade 304 (1.4301) or 316 (1.4401).
It is available in seven standard lengths: 155mm, 170mm, 195mm, 220mm, 245mm, 270mm and 295mm in packs of 50.
1. Mark the points for the Helifix ResiTies on the near leaf brickwork. Using a 10mm drill bit and rotary percussion drill, where possible, drill a clearance hole through the near leaf and 55mm into the far leaf. The hole should be drilled about half way up the brick and around 15mm from the end to avoid frogs and core holes
2. Clean both holes of debris using a pneumatic spoil cleaner or an airjet
3. Inject PolyPlus resin to fill the hole in the far leaf
4. Using the hand-held support tool, insert the ResiTie, with plastic sleeves fitted, into the clearance hold until the far sleeve enters the far leaf
5. After the resin has cured, security of fixing in the far leaf can be tested with a Helifix Load Test Unit
6. Inject PolyPlus resin into the near leaf until the hole is filled and then make good the outer face